Medical and genetic counseling
- 82% of people are carriers of at least one genetic disease.
- On average, each person has 2 genetic mutations.
- In 5% of pairs, both partners are carriers of the same mutation.
- Hereditary diseases account for 20 % of infant mortality in developed countries.
When to see a geneticist
- 2 and more unsuccessful embryo transfers
- Miscarriages and stale pregnancies
- You are over 35 years old
- Your partner has pathozoospermia
- Hereditary diseases in the family
- Born children with malformations